Wednesday, October 14

My Beautiful Surprise

So, in July I missed my period, which wasn't that unusual for me because I was on birth control and tended to mess it up often. My periods were normally irregular, so I didn't think anything of it, until it was 2 weeks late. I went to the store with my bf and we bought some pregnancy tests. He didn't really say anything about it. In fact, I'm not even sure that he noticed that I put them in the cart for him to buy. I went home and took one and it came back negative. So I just didn't worry about it at all and I went on living.

I still hadn't gotten my period a week later and I felt something nagging at me to take another test so, on July 20th I did. And there it was, the faint little line that said I was having a baby. I was a bit shocked, actually a lot. I was on birth control so I definitely wasn't expecting that one. I called up my best friend and my mom and they were both incredibly excited. I was in shock. I didn't really believe it and I was scared about what my bf's reaction would be.

Since I was so skeptical about the validity of the test results, I headed on down to the clinic to get a test, and it was positive too. There was no denying that I was pregnant. Based on the first day of my last period they said I was 6 weeks along. AHHH!!! I was really pregnant.

I went home and mustered up the courage to tell my bf. His reaction was not the one that I had expected. I think he was just in shock. He didn't really believe me at first. He just kept asking me if I was serious. Hell yes I was serious.

The excitement got to me fast. As soon as I told him and realized that he wasn't mad, I was excited I couldn't wait to put it all over facebook and myspace about how I was going to have a baby! Yay.

That same night I told my dad and stepmom, expecting them to be mad. They weren't. They were mostly just worried about how we would handle it, and over the last few months they have become really excited.

We set up our first prenatal appointment, and because we were on birth control an ultrasound to get an accurate due date. At the ultrasound we found out that we were 2 weeks behind where we thought we were, so we got to see our baby at 8 weeks and it still had a tail. (AWESOME!) So now the due date is March 31 and as of today we are 16 weeks along.

Here's the pics of our baby at 8 weeks.




1 comment: